SWITZERLAND TOURIST VISA CHECKLIST
– scan of all documents is required
Please submit the documents in the exact order given below, please do not staple any document.
- Valid National passport : Issued within the last 10 years and with at least 3 months validity after the scheduled return, with at least two blank pages. Handwritten passports and passports with observations regarding the front page (bio data) cannot be accepted.
- 2. 2 passport size pictures : White background, not older than 6 months (size 35 – 40 mm in width, not copied or scanned picture). 1st picture pasted on the application – 2nd picture has to be clipped on the last page of the passport, stapled or pinned pictures cannot be accepted.
- Visa application form : Completed, signed twice by the applicant and , if applicable, authorization of third person. If the applicantis a minor: visa application signed twice by legal guardian and if applicable, authorization of third person. (Proving the custody of a minor child, divorce papers, dead certificate etc.).
- Previous passport/s : If any, bound together with rubber band, not stapled.
- Personal covering letter : Original letter with travel plan. If the applicant is submitting the applications of his/her family, then all applications must include a copy of the covering letter.
- Introduction letter : Original letter has to be on a business letterhead from the employer/company. The letter has to be signed and stamped by HR or directorate mentioning your position and the duration of your service. o “No objection statement”regarding the planned Trip to Switzerland/SchengenStates. The dates and purpose of the trip.
- Travel Insurance : Minimum coverage of 30,000 Euro / 50,000 USD / 50,000 CHF per person. Coverage of all expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment.The insurance has to cover the entire stay in Schengen territory.
- Flight reservation : With names of all travelers. If applicable proof of intra-Schengen flight, train itinerary or car rental. Proof of accommodation in Switzerland / Schengen states : Confirmation of hotel reservation, package tour, advance payments.
- Proof of financial status : All documents have to be originals, in format A4, with stamp and signature of Bank.
- If employed – Last 3 months salary slips and last 3 months salary bank account statements. Last 3 months personal bank account statements. Personal ITR (only ITR-V, Indian Income Tax Return Verification Form or Acknowledgement is accepted) forthe last 2 assessment years.
- If self-employed and/or company owner : Business registration certificate / GST Registration with annex A & B / Partnership Deed / Proof of proprietorship or other proof of ownership. Last 3 months personal and business bank account statements. Company’s and personal ITR (only ITR-V, Indian Income Tax Return Verification Form or Acknowledgement is accepted) for the last 2 assessment years.
- If retired: Personal pension bank statement for the last 3 months. Proof of regular income generated by ownership of property or business.
- If Student or unemployed: Parents or legal guardians must provide their personal bank statements for the last 3 months. Personal ITR (only ITR-V, Indian Income Tax Return Verification Form or Acknowledgement is accepted) for the last 2 assessment years along with a confirmation letter of financial support and a copy of their passports.
- If the applicant continues to travel to a third country (i.e. UK, USA, Canada etc…) after leaving the Schengen Area, the visa of the next country has to be obtained first.
- Clear photocopies of valid UK, USA, or CAN visas (if any): Photocopies of the 1st page (bio data) and last page of the passport.
- Students above 16 year old : Copy of the student college ID card and introduction letter of the School/College/University.
- Children under 18 years old, not travelling with both parents : written consent letter of the other, non-travelling parent or legal guardian, certified by public notary.
- Children under 18 years old, travelling alone : written consent letter of both parents or legal guardian, certified by public notary. In all cases: copies of the passports of both parents (legal guardian) or PAN cards or driving license.
- If you have been refused a visa by an Embassy or High Commission in the last 2 years: refusal notice or a written explanation about the reasons of refusal.